Prepare to Rebel! – Sunday 27th Feb
February 25, 2022
Come to our FREE Prepare to Rebel day (or just part of it if you wish)! On Sunday 27th February we’ll have a host of workshops, discussions, activities to choose from…..
- An introduction to XR and the 2022 strategy, all the different roles within the movement that you can choose to do (it’s not just about being arrested – there’s tons of support stuff too!). am and pm
- Making a commitment to act on climate emergency – what does that mean for you? pm
- Nonviolent direct action training – essential training for all rebels. This training introduces XR’s tactics of nonviolent direct action and civil disobedience, with discussion of the rationale, logistics and do’s and don’ts of our actions. am
- De-escalation training – learn the basics of de-escalation rooted in Nonviolent Communication (NVC). How might you de-escalate a tense situation with someone who disagrees with you? am
- XR craft activities – flag making, pebble painting, printing blocks (bring a garment or fabric to print on). Family friendly. 10.30 onwards
- Chill out room – have a cuppa, munch, chat, re-connect, find out what’s going on… 10 onwards
*** Vegan lunch, cakes, beverages ***
Please book your place on eventbrite (so we have an idea of numbers for catering): https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/…/prepare-to-rebel-tickets…
Can you bring 3 other people with you? Download, print & share this A4 poster with friends, family, colleagues.